Mesle yek parvane roye yek ghalb Maryam Khalilzadeh
Original Title: Mesle yek parvane roye yek ghalb Spanish Title: English Title: Butterfly Year and month of production: 2017 Length: 12 minutes Production country: Iran Genre: Animation Language: No dialogues Subtitles: No subtitles Trailer (link): Web: Facebook:
Legend has it that if through enchanted music a man is able to transform a thousand and one girls into butterflies; he himself will be able to fly. A man thus starts turning girls into butterflies but, arriving at the one thousand and first, falls in love with her.
Born in 1978 in Tehran, she has BA in graphics and MA in Animation from Cinema and Theatre Faculty at Tehran University of Art. She is active as illustrator, animator and director. She is an official member of ASIFA IRAN (Iranian Animated Film Association).
2016: Butterfly, 2D Animation, Stereo, Color, Full HD, 12 min., No dialogue.
2011: White Pigeon Next to the Mirror, 2D Animation /Cut out, Stereo, Color, Full HD, 6 min., No dialogue.
2010: A Woman Sings under the Ice, 2D Animation, Stereo, Color, PAL, 10 min., No dialogue.
200: Photo, 2D Animation, Stereo, Color, PAL, 9min., 32sec., No dialogue.
2006: Approximately, 2D Animation, Stereo, Color, PAL, 8 min., No dialogue.
• 33rd Tehran International Animation Festival, Iran, Jan., 2017
• 7th Kolkata International Children Film Festival, 19-27 Jan., 2018, India (the world panorama section)
• The Montreal International Children’s Film Festival (FIFEM), 3-11 March 2018, Canada (Official Competition Section)
• Jecheon International Music & Film Festival, 9-14 August 2018, South Korea (World Music (Asia Preimer)
• Best Animated Film, 33rd Tehran International Animation Festival, Iran, 2017